EDIT ON MARCH 7, 2012: This post was originally written in 2006. As you read and comment, please consider that it has been over 5 years since I wrote my thoughts here. I personally still have the same concerns about IC that I did when I posted this and have chosen not to contribute to their cause. However, Uganda continues to hold a very special place in my heart.
I just signed the following petition addressed to: Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Global Leaders.
—————- Please watch the Kony 2012 video by Invisible Children and take action. Sign the petition, share it with your friends and write a letter to your national leader.
Ashley is dedicated and self represented, “she is a talented actor, singer, astronaut, and a bunch of other stuff! She likes giving Massages and she is still non-union. Hire her while you can because she also promotes the heck out of everything she is in!” -Knighten Richman
“If you’re looking for someone to bust their ass for you on set, look no further. Always full of positivity and crazy amounts of energy. Hire her now.” -Jason Thompson (Im With Hobo Productions)
“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you without a smile on your face. You are an unapologetic life force lady.” -Katya Nova Photography
“This is a talented, young friend of mine is a good actress and model” – Ben Babchishin (Hired Gun Productions Inc)
Ashley Tallas is a multifaceted and diverse young artist who has blossomed in the entertainment career as an actress, model, Latin dancer and singer. Ashley emerged as a principle actor in feature film ‘The Corrupted,’ and has appeared in several national commercials for products like Integra Tire and Century Park condominiums. She is also studying to become a Massage Therapist so that she may travel with her certification and be able to entertain anywhere in the world.
Only expose the superior torso and cranium to the steam. Allow both the nasal passage and the mouth to breath in the steam while you relieve your nasal passages of mucus, and breathe freely.
• Respiratory tract is relieved of congestion
• Hydrates, warms and relaxes the skin for further work
• Opens pores, improves circulation and skin texture, and removes wastes from sudoriferous glands
• Upper torso and face will increase with blood flow
• Naturally assists to loosen mucus in the nasal cavity, pharynx (throat), larynx (voice box), trachea (windpipe), bronchi, and the lungs. The end product is greater when combined with Massage techniques: cupping, tapping, shaking and tapotement.
• Common colds, phlegmatic illness, respiratory issues- ie) chest and lung congestion, coryza, acute rhinitis, nasopharyngitis, acute viral catarrh, sinusitis
• Used as a beautifying cosmetic, superficial cleanser to the face
• Sensitive skin with dilated capillaries
• Respiratory disorders- ie) Emphysema
• Skin conditions – ie) Acne Vulgaris and Acne Rosacea
• Breathing difficulties, discomfort, or irritation
• A pot, basin, or sink ½ filled with hot water
• A kettle of boiled water set aside, add boiled water to the basin as needed.
• A large towel or sheet – to fully cover upper torso and head above boiled water
• Ingredients – steeped teas (herbal), essential oils (stimulating, invigorating, or calming), dried herbs
• Wooden grid (to cover the basin and prevent skin from touching water, optional)
• Towels – as a cool compress – to place on top of basin
• • Remove upper body clothing (undergarments optional)
• Have a basin, pot, or sink of hot water ready, add ingredients (optional)
• Be seated (if possible), and place the basin lower than face
• Place wooden grid over hot water to prevent injury from burning in hot water if fainting occurs
• If being monitoring, the grid is not as crucial, but it is recommended during self-care treatment
• Place one towel over entire basin, it can be rolled back to adjust the intensity of the steam
• Lean over the steaming basin, and drape a large towel over head to create a tent to trap the steam within it
• Steam face for 10-20 minutes, and come up for “air” breaks as needed.
• Apply a cold compress on the back of the neck, if there has been history of headaches this is beneficial.
• After steam is complete, wash face and superior torso with cool water, blow nose
• Avoid becoming chilled, conclude the treatment with bed rest and/or a massage
• Recommended massage strokes – shakings, vibrations and tapotement to the chest, upper torso and lungs – can be part of self-care
Clean and Disinfect Equipment after Every Use
• Disinfect pot, basin, or sink
• Clean towels with 10% bleach solution
• Use antiseptic on hands
My Personal Physical and Emotional Response to Treatment• My skin became red and warm, and my pulse quickened
• My skin became red and warm, and my pulse quickened
• I became profusely sweaty and very thirsty, fatigued, relaxed, calm and suitable for bed rest and/or a massage
• My breathing became clear; almost a tingling, sensitive, or burning sensation while inhaling steam
“Hydrotherapy- a teaching manual” by Lyz Snidal